Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Working Out Again - Swimming!

We are back to working out here... "We" this time, and not just me. IsraeliDad decided to join me in my weight loss/getting fit efforts. He will be working on the getting fit part mostly (he doesn't have a lot of excess weight to lose anyway). It's so much more fun working out together.

We go to the gym together essentially. Driving over, exercising for an hour and a half and then going back home.

We plan on adding swimming now, so we can alternate between the pool and the gym. One small obstacle in the way - I don't really know how to swim. I can paddle away pretty much, without sinking usually, but that's about it. So, today I took my first swimming lesson. It lasted for 45 minutes. My main achievement is slightly embarrassing... I can now put my head underwater and blow bubbles :p Ok, ok, I did a little more than that. I actually got the basics of swimming together, but still need a lot of practice and some more guidance.

I'm taking another lesson next week, but will be practicing tomorrow already. One thing I can already see is that I am exhausted! I am signing off for a nap now...

No comments: